Friday, December 8, 2017

Contemporary Abstract Landscape, Fine Art Painting "A Deep Breath" by Intuitive Artist Joan Fullerton


FRESH OFF THE EASEL....

I like to paint in layers and use what shows up in my everyday life. When a student brought me a donut with hot pink frosting, I was not inclined to eat it, but to paint it. I made a donut collage, with PINK, a color I seldom use. It turned out to be an interesting composition, but not really representative of my personal esthetic. And because, one must make art that is significant to their own "voice", I went back into the composition with thin layers of yellow and green neutrals, some grey and some white. For me satisfaction occurs when the work seems alive and has to tell a story, a mysterious, ambiguous story.


Here is the Pink Donut Demo:


 24"x24" Mixed Media on Cradled Panel-Available HERE

Visit http://www.joanfullerton.com to view more of my work.

Visit http://www.joanfullertonworkshops.com to view my upcoming workshops.

1 comment:

  1. It's neat to see the collage and then how you changed it to reflect your esthetic. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete